Responsible for servicing, maintaining and repairing a fleet of equipment including tractors, trailers, trucks, lift trucks, and other specialized lifting, rigging, and transportation equipment.
The heavy equipment mechanic is a cross-craft position. The mechanic will periodically contribute in the field as a rigger/machinery mover. Rigging and machinery moving experience for this position is a plus, but not required.
A&A Machinery will provide this additional training, including assisting in obtaining a CDL Class-A license. The position is subject to overtime, which is an essential function per project conditions. Some travel is also required.
- Diagnose and repair light, medium and heavy-duty lift trucks, tractors, and trailers including maintenance, inspections, and repairs.
- Service, maintain, diagnose and repair hydraulic systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PM’s) on fleet units including routine technical repairs and completing repair orders.
- Utilize appropriate resources such as manuals, computer, service bulletins, and other resources to research problems, determine the most effective and efficient method of repair and locate parts.
- Completely and properly document work and details as necessary with within both the company’s systems and in compliance with all governing agencies, state and federal; such as DOT.
- Abide by all policies and safety rules to assist in maintaining the safest, cleanest and most professional work environment possible.
- Support field operations, performing and assisting with rigging and machinery moving functions.
- Ensure compliance with safe trade practices at every step of the process.
- Use effective interpersonal skills to maintain a positive environment and relationships.
- Ability to physically perform the work.
- Technical school certification or advanced degree in diesel engines and/or related field strongly preferred but will consider relevant experience(s) in lieu of formal training.
- Valid driver’s license required – CDL Class-A license preferred, but not required
- High School diploma
- Compensation – competitive & negotiable; opportunities for overtime and advancement
- Full benefits package
- Safety incentives