Project Manager & Estimator is a combination role to estimate, secure and manage machinery moving and industrial rigging jobs from inception through completion.
Must be able to estimate and manage one or more of the following work types:
- Small, short-duration machine moving jobs; primarily fork, Versa-Lift or simple crane work.
- Mid-size projects installing or relocating multiple items, lines or jobs of moderate complexity and scale.
- Larger, long-duration projects such as plant installations, relocations or very large lines or machines.
- Technical or complex rigging using multiple cranes, combinations of lifting/moving technologies, hydraulic gantries, jack-and-slide, special fixtures, etc.
Report to the President with a secondary reporting line to Business Manager. Position directly interacts with other Project Managers, Operations Manager, Sales/Estimators, Dispatch, Human Resources, and all craft and operational positions.
Experience estimating and managing rigging and/or machinery moving projects described above (4+ Years).
Experience with job costing, general construction accounting and financial responsibility of projects.
Project Scheduling – ability to use scheduling platforms such as MS Project for large projects.
Proficient in reading, understanding and managing basic bid and construction documents including drawings, technical specifications and contract documents.
Experience with P&ID's and ISO's a plus.
Suitable knowledge including machine assembly, erection, layout, leveling, and alignments.
Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); CAD or SketchUp experience is helpful but not required.
Customer focus, manage relationships, passionate about work, strong sense of responsibility.
Exceptionally strong interpersonal and management skills; open-minded and approachable.
Grow, lead, and develop individuals and teams – work as a team and share knowledge.
- Required – HS Diploma.
- Preferred – BS or AS degree in project management, construction management, engineering or similar technical studies; or alternately an appropriate level of relevant qualifying education, skills, and experiences.
- Compensation & Bonus – competitive & negotiable
- Allowances: company vehicle, gas card, credit card, cell phone, laptop, health insurance, 401k, profit-sharing, professional development