No two industries are exactly the same, just as no two machines are exactly the same. There are many different sizes, shapes, and weights of machinery, some pieces being massive in size and weight. Due to the sheer size and weight of some machinery, such as a 500-ton Verson straight-side press, lifting and relocating is a massive undertaking and requires the know-how, proper rigging equipment, and a qualified team of machinery movers.
Hiring qualified contractors to move your new asset should be a no-brainer, right? We’ve all heard the horror stories of a job going haywire or an asset damaged in the move because the machinery mover was under-qualified or using improper rigging equipment.
Let’s assess hiring inexperienced vs. qualified machinery movers for your next project:
What Happens When You Don’t Hire Qualified Machine Movers
Hiring qualified and professional heavy machinery movers is essential for ensuring your heavy machinery and equipment are moved safely and efficiently. Why take the chance on inexperienced contractors moving the asset(s) in which your company invested large amounts of capital?
The following are just some scenarios that could happen if you choose to go through with the move without the help of qualified machinery movers:
- Without the proper experience lifting and relocating the specific machine(s), personnel are at greater risk for injury or worse.
- The immense weight of a machine can put a strain on equipment. If the machine mover operates using inadequate rigging equipment to lift and move, the machine could drop, causing catastrophic damages that could be costly to repair.
- Your machinery may be covered under an insurance policy, but some damages may not be covered if you take a DIY approach to move the equipment.
Heavy machinery can cost thousands of dollars, and the critical moves to relocate the machinery is not something you want to leave to novices.
Leave the Machine Moving to the Experts
While it may be tempting to try to save money by taking care of the move yourself, this is not a wise move. Let’s look at the benefits of hiring qualified machinery movers & riggers:
- One of the biggest benefits of choosing a qualified machinery moving contractor is safety. Professionals like A&A Machinery Moving are highly trained to follow all safety protocols, preventing injuries. You don’t want to be saddled with a worker’s comp claim because you had your in-house personnel perform the machine move, they weren’t qualified for.
- Qualified machinery moving contractors have the right fleet of rigging equipment to relocate and protect your machinery safely during the move. Machine damage can occur without the right equipment, requiring repairs or a full replacement.
- Veteran contractors are fully insured in the rare instance issues arise. Rest assured that your machinery and equipment will always be protected against damage.
- Be sure to check if the rigger you’ve hired has the right insurance. You can read more about that here.
- When the professionals are hired, they perform a pre-move evaluation or site visit to ensure they are aware of all the pieces of equipment and their components. The machine movers will also learn the layout of the origin and destination facilities to plan for the move accordingly.
- Using a qualified machinery moving contractor will save you time and stress. Because of their fleet of rigging equipment and experience moving machinery in your industry, veteran machinery movers can move machinery with much less effort and in a shorter time frame.
Skip the Novices. Avoid Risks. Talk to A&A Machinery Moving
With all the above benefits. it is clear to see taking a DIY approach, or hiring an inexperienced machinery moving contractor to relocate your heavy machinery and equipment simply is not worth the risks. You paid a tremendous amount of money for your machinery. Why risk damages or personnel injuries by moving it yourself or hiring amateurs? Hiring qualified machinery movers and riggers for your next project is a no-brainer.
A&A Machinery Moving has over 30+ plus years of experience moving and relocating machinery and equipment in a variety of industries from printing, to manufacturing, to pharmaceutical and many more.
If you’ve hired us to handle your assets before, you know it’s a no-brainer. If you haven’t, talk to our team and Discover the A&A Difference.